European Quality Assurance in Vocational Education and Training (EQAVET) brings together the EU Member States, the Social Partners and the European Commission to develop and improve quality assurance in European VET systems within the context of the implementation of the European Quality Assurance Reference Framework by:
- Assisting the Member States in developing effective approaches to support the implementation of the Reference Framework
- Developing a culture of quality, to be embedded at European level and other levels with the help of the Quality Assurance National Reference Points and other Network members
- Supporting the Member States and the European Commission in the monitoring and implementation of the Reference Framework within the context of the Education and Training 2020 Strategy
- Supporting the quality assurance dimension of work in EQF and ECVET
How we work
EQAVET is a community of practice where members and national experts:
- Exchange information and experience in open discussions
- Initiate a process of mutual learning and consensus building for the development of common principles, reference criteria, indicators and tools for quality improvement in VET, and the implementation of the Reference Framework
- Reach shared results and solutions in the development of guidelines and criteria for quality assurance, embedding a culture of quality improvement and sense of ownership in implementing the Reference Framework across Europe
This community of practice leads to higher levels of cooperation and synergy within and across EU Member States on quality assurance related issues.
EQAVET, through its programme of activities and structures, operates in a collaborative mode to create a sustainable platform or community of practice for quality assurance in VET.