EQAVET Framework and Work-based learning(WBL)
The early analysis of approaches to quality assurance for WBL across Europe, which are in line with the EQAVET Framework, has identified six interdependent building blocks. These six building blocks support and complement each other and build on the EQAVET indicative descriptors and indicators.
The building blocks are designed to be useful and appropriate for the three main models of WBL:
- Apprenticeship schemes which combine training in companies and VET schools or other education/training institutions;
- On-the-job training in companies which typically cover internships, work placements or traineeships which are a compulsory or optional element of VET programmes leading to formal qualifications;
- Integration into a school-based programme through on-site laboratories, workshops, kitchens, restaurants, junior or practice firms, simulations or real business/industry projects and assignments.
The building blocks provide guidance and set out activities that help VET providers to develop and support a quality assurance approach for WBL in line with the EQAVET Framework. All of the building blocks are supported by examples from European VET providers.
Each building block includes:
- a ‘call to action’ and sets out activities that; help to develop a quality assurance approach for WBL
- identification of the ‘key issues’ that; should be considered and the factors for success reference to ‘main messages’ drawn from an analysis of current practice based on recent experiences, suggesting new ways forward.
Download the brochure on Quality Assurance WBL in line with EQAVET