Romania - The development of qualifications based on learning outcomes
This system level case study explains how Romania quality assures the development of initial VET qualifications which are based on learning outcomes. The development of qualifications for school and work based learning is based on the following main phases:
- occupational analysis - each occupation is described in relation to the main tasks and requirements;
- competence description – the production of a detailed description of the competences which are required for each task;
- development of learning outcomes – a description of the learning outcomes which are expected. These are mapped against the National Qualification Framework;
- the learning outcomes are clustered or ‘grouped’ into units;
- the development of assessment criteria for each unit.
Read more here
The following case studies look at similar themes:
For more information on this case study, contact:
The National Centre for TVET Development
This case study was prepared in 2017 as part of the work on EQAVET+ organised by the EQAVET Network.