Evaluation needs to be considered during the design and monitoring of VET provision. Data which is collected in a systematic way can lead to continuous improvements, significant financial savings and provide greater clarity to stakeholders. Indicators can help you to collect the relevant data.
The evaluation process should not be focused ‘only’ on the indicators and the collection of data: it needs to be linked to desired goals, planned activities, and the indicators selected to measure them. This will focus the monitoring process on the key questions, such as:
- How are we doing? /What is our mission?
- What do we do well?
- What do we need to improve?
- What are our goals?
- How and when will be realise those goals?
- Who do we need to talk to?
- What evidence/data do we collect already and what additional information would be useful to inform planning?