How Data is Collected
Discussion of how data will be collected is an important part of the self-monitoring plan. In deciding on the best way to collect data, it is important to consider:
- whether the exercise is intended to call for quantitative information, qualitative information or both.
- and, more importantly, ask yourself if it allows you to “collect once, use many times”.
Consider the following when collecting data:
- Indicators and the collection of data
- Designing a data collection plan
- Quality criteria for data collection