2nd EQAVET Forum - on quality assurance of the continuing professional development (CPD) of teachers and trainers in continuous vocational education and training
The EQAVET Forum took place on 21 November 2017. It was a one-day event that brought together some 100 participants including policy makers at system level, VET providers, VET practitioners, social partners and other key stakeholders. Taking place within the context of the 2nd European Vocational Skills Week, its objective was to reflect on the quality assurance of the continuing professional development (CPD) of teachers and trainers in continuous vocational education and training (CVET) and how this contributes to the quality of provision. A key area in this regard is how effective measures can be assessed and feedback loops strengthened. See BOOKLET PROGRAMME for further information on the topics which were discussed.
The Forum provided an opportunity to disseminate the experience of the EQAVET Network in the area of quality assuring CVET among a large group of stakeholders. It also provided an opportunity for learning more about how these topics are being addressed in different European countries, sharing practical approaches and experience of working with EQAVET and networking with other participants.
The Forum took place at:
Lille Grand Palais
1 bd des Cités Unies 59777 Euralille
Lille – France
EQAVET for Beginners – an introduction session on EQAVET - Keith Brumfitt, EQAVET Secretariat
Progress for NRPs on restricted call Erasmus+ 2016 and 2017 - Lara Paoletti, EACEA
Welcome to the Forum and agenda
- Koen Bois d’Enghien, DG Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion - European Commission
- Catherine Beauvois, Conseil National de l'Emploi, de la Formation et de l'Orientation
- Sean Feerick, Director, EQAVET Secretariat
Approach to QA when building and improving effectiveness and excellence in the CPD of teachers and trainers in the CVET sector
Discussion on key issues when building and improving effectiveness and excellence in the CPD of teachers and trainers in the CVET sector (Parallel workshops)
- How to balance the pedagogical and the vocational skills?
- Sectoral or national approach?
- Are trainers trained as assessors?
Measuring and monitoring performance of an approach to the CPD of teacher and trainers
- Germany – Helena Sabbagh, Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training (BIBB) and Kristin Simon, Wissenschaftsladen Bonn
- Findings study commissioned by the European Commission on mapping EU systems on tracking VET graduates – Shane Beadle, ICF GHK
Discussion on key issues when measuring and monitoring performance of an approach to the CPD of teacher and trainers (Parallel workshops)
- Meeting the requirements for trainers and assessors
- CPD improves teaching – How can the impact be measured?
- Effective tracking approaches
Feedback from discussions at the workshop
Short plenary discussion on issues arising from the presentation
Wrap-up and conclusions of the day