Second follow-up of the Copenhagen Process: The Helsinki Communiqué
The European Ministers of Vocational Education and Training, the European Social Partners and the Commission adopted in their meeting on December 2006 the Helsinki Communiqué.
The Communiqué sets the priorities and strategies for European cooperation in Vocational Education and Training for the following two years.
The Communiqué aimed to communicate European policy strategies in the area to relevant stakeholders, including VET providers/institutions, teachers, trainers and learners.
The Communiqué focused on the following priority areas:
- Attractiveness and quality of vocational education and training.
- Further development and utilisation of common European instruments for vocational education and training (EQF, ECVET, Europass)
- Stregthening the EU collaboration in the improvement of quality
- Enhancement of the scope, comparability and reliability of vocational education and training statistics by 2008.
- Active involvement of all stakeholders in the activities for the implementation of the Copenhagen Process.