Peer Learning Activity on "Higher VET and the role of QA"
EQAVET’s Peer Learning Activity on ‘Higher VET and the role of Quality Assurance’ took place in Larnaca, Cyprus on 20-21 March 2018. It was organised by the EQAVET Secretariat in partnership with the Ministry of Education and Culture in Cyprus and included a half-day visit and dinner at the Techniki Scholi Larnacos. It was attended by 45 participants from 17 Member States and the European social partners.
The key focus of the PLA was on VET qualifications level 5 to 7 of EQF provided outside the HE sector/provision. This PLA looked at:
- how the provision of Higher VET increases the attractiveness and relevance of VET; and
- how quality assurance can contribute to fostering a parity of esteem between qualifications from the higher academic education and higher VET.
The PLA was of interest to EQAVET national reference point, national stakeholders and policy makers. During the PLA most of the available time was dedicated to discussion following short presentations from three Member States: Cyprus, Austria, Ireland; and from UEAPME (European Association of Craft, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises), which recently conducted a project on EU approach to quality assurance in Higher VET. Dowload material:
Download presentations below
Welcome to the peer learning activity:
- Welcome on behalf of the European Commission – Koen Bois d’Enghien, European Commission, DG EMPL
- Welcome on behalf of the Cypriot hosts – George Yiangou (EQAVET NRP in Cyprus)
Introduction to the peer learning activity - objectives, content, working methodology etc.: Arancha Oviedo and Maria Emilia Galvão, EQAVET Secretariat
The role of quality assurance systems in the provision of Higher VET
Discussions in small groups – on the role of quality assurance in the provision of higher VET - The focus for discussion is on how current approaches to quality assurance in the provision of higher VET are effective and/or useful.
Study Visit to the TECHNIKI SCHOLI LARNACOS - 58, Agioi Anargyroi Avenue 58, 6302, Larnaca
Guided tour and structured conversation with teachers and learners at the school. Welcome and presentations by
Kyriacos Michael (Director Technical School Larnaca)
Alexis Kosteas (Director of PSIVET Larnaca)
George Yiangou (EQAVET NRP in Cyprus)
Presentations from VET providers on quality assurance systems in the provision of Higher VET
- Photis Papademas, The Technological University of Cyprus
- Stefan Walch, Headmaster of HTL Imst -Technical college in Tyrol, Austria
- Marie Gould, Programme Manager, QA & New Apprenticeship Development - Education and Training Boards Ireland (ETBI)
Findings of the Erasmus+ project by UEAPME (European Crafts and SMEs organisation) on European Guidelines on quality assurance in higher VET:
Donwload the Project report European Guidelines on Quality Assurance in Higher VET. Developed within the Erasmus+ Project ‘QA HiVETnet’