Peer Learning Activity on Self-assessment
The first EQAVET peer learning activity focused on self-assessment of VET systems and providers.
The PLA was hosted by the Department for VET and Adult Education, National Labour Office, Hungary, and the EQAVET Secretariat and took place in Budapest on 22 and 23 May 2013.
Click on the links below to download the selected presentation/notes.
Day 1: Tuesday, 22 May 2013
9:00 | Welcome to the peer learning activity
- Welcoming address on behalf of the host organisation: László Bruckner, Head of Department for Development, National Labour Office, Directorate for VET and Adult Education
- Welcoming address on behalf of the EQAVET Secretariat: Sean Feerick, Director, EQAVET Secretariat
9:15 | Introduction to the peer learning activity
- Sean Feerick, EQAVET Secretariat
- Keith Brumfitt, EQAVET Expert
09:30 | System level approaches to self-assessment
11:30 | Discussion in small groups on identifying issues, common challenges and solutions at a system level
13:00 | Lunch
14:00 | Breakout groups discussing the following topics:
- are there solutions at a system level?
- do the public authorities consider self-assessment as a suitable tool for quality assurance in VET? If yes, why? What is the main added value for them?
- are public authorities using the results of VET providers’ self-assessment and for what purpose?
- what sort of support do they provide to VET providers for self-assessment?
- can we say anything about work-based learning?
15:30 | Coffee break
16:00 | Plenary session – feedback from breakout groups
Key issues for self-assessment at the system level – conclusions, lessons learnt and ideas for the discussion the next day
Day 2: Wednesday, 23 May 2013
09:00 | Recap of day 1 and presentation of the programme of day 2
09:15 | Self-assessment from providers' perspective
Discussion in small groups focusing on identifying key issues and solutions to common problems and discussion on the use of EQAVET indicators and indicative descriptors.
13:00 | Lunch
14:00 | Plenary discussion on identifying solutions to address common issues, feedback from small groups
Summary, lessons learnt and main conclusions of the PLA
15:45 | Closing session