Peer Learning Activity on "EQAVET PLA on self-assessment for work based learning"
The Peer Learning Activity (PLA) was organised by the EQAVET Secretariat in collaboration with Skolverket which hosts the Swedish National Reference Point for Quality Assurance in VET. The PLA took place on the premises of a multinational company (SKF) which owns its own VET school . The PLA was designed to enable participants to discuss how:
- different approaches to self-assessment can be used to quality assure the work-based learning of upper secondary school students. These students are most likely to be taking an initial, full- time EQF Level 4 qualification;
- the EQAVET Framework supports the quality assurance of work-based learning.
The PLA included a site visit - this will be to SKF’s vocational school.
See programme and presentations below
Welcome to the peer learning activity:
FOCUS: VET system level - How quality assurance systems use self-assessment.
The discussion will focus on the system level and consider: the issues involved in collecting data from self-assessment; and how to improve the quality of work-based learning using data from self-assessment.
For information on the Sweden system on the OECD new report: Vocational Education and Training in Sweden.
FOCUS: VET provider level - Presentations from VET providers on how they use self-assessment to support quality assurance. The discussion will focus on: to what extent should self-assessment differ between work-based and school-based VET provision; and what are the quality assurance issues that are particularly important for work-based providers
- Example from Wales - Presenters: Paul Gray and Alannah Simmons, Tydfil Training Consortium Ltd, UK (Wales)
- Example from Sweden - Presenter: Camilla Alenäs – Headteacher, and Ulrika Wiklander - International coordinator, SKF vocational school, Gothenburg
- Example from Slovakia - Presenter: Eva Kubišová - Vice Director of the Secondary Technical School of Mechanical Engineering, Bratislava
- Example from Italy - Presenter: Francesca Di Paolantonio - CIOFS-FP (The Salesian Centre for the Professional Training of Women, Rome)
SITE VISIT: SKF vocational school and discussion with staff and learners
Introduction to the school and its approach to quality assurance by Camilla Alenäs - Headteacher SKF vocational school
Guided tour and structured discussions: observation of the facilities and pedagogy; informal conversations with learners and staff