Institute of the Republic of Slovenia for Vocational Education and Training
Kajuhova 32 U 1000 Ljubljana Sloveniawww.cpi.si
About this Organisation:
The Institute of the Republic of Slovenia for Vocational Education and Training was established in 1995 as the central institution responsible for vocational education and training in Slovenia. It is a public institution founded by the government of the Republic of Slovenia (the Ministry of Education, Science and Sport and the Ministry of Labour, Family and Social Affairs), co-founded along with the Chamber of Crafts.
With its developmental, professional and advisory functions the Institute actively participates in formulating the fundamental objectives of VET and career and professional development in Slovenia, and contributes to their realisation - especially in light of human resources development, economic efficiency, the adaptability and competitiveness of the Slovenian economy as well as social inclusion and reducing unemployment.
The Institute is the place where national interests and the interests of social partners in VET meet, conciliate and integrate and it is here that the conditions for a successful positioning abroad are created.
The Institute realizes its goals by means of the following priority activities (defined in the laws and regulations in the area of VET):
- Analysing the labour market and professional profiles, determining educational needs and developmental trends;
- Developing the methodological formations, technical guidelines for occupational standards and standards of knowledge, which are tested in the final examinations and in the assessments of non-formal and informal acquired competences;
- Preparing competence-based occupational standards which are the foundation of the educational programmes of VET, as well as the assessment of non-formal and informal Developing key qualifications;
- Developing new methods and didactic approaches of knowledge, learning and teaching; . developing and carrying out training with a view to upgrading the professional, pedagogical-didactical and personal competences of teachers and mentors in the work process;
- Stimulating and co-ordinating developmental and innovative projects in VET schools as well as disseminating examples of good practices;
- Organizing educational/fair events in support of the promotion of knowledge and educational achievements;
- Managing registration/information centre for national occupational qualifications - National Reference Point
- Cooperating with professional organisations in the EU and projects with the help of which it realizes its knowledge and experience abroad and complements its development strategy.
National Institute for VET, Slovenia
T: 00386 1 5864 226
Return to members contact listing