EQAVET respects the rights of its users and does not, as a general rule, collect personal data of any kind, apart from information which you volunteer for example by e-mailing us or by using our online contact form). Any information which you provide in this way is not made available to any third parties, and is used by EQAVET only in line with the purpose for which you provided it. Where a user voluntarily provides personal information in response to a questionnaire or survey the data will be used for research or analysis purposes only.
For general web browsing no personal information is revealed to us, although certain statistical information is available to us via our internet service provider. This information may include
- The logical address of the server you are using
- The top level domain name from which you access the Internet (for example, .ie, .com, .org etc.)
- The type of browser you are using
- The date and time you access our site
- The Internet address used to link to our site.
Some of the above information is used to create summary statistics which allow us to assess the number of visitors to our site, identify what pages are accessed most frequently and generally, help us to make our site more user friendly.