Posted On: 25 Jul 2014
In July 2014, the ESCO Maintenance Committee enters its second term which will end with the release of ESCO v1 in 2016-2017. During this term, the ESCO Maintenance Committee will advise the European Commission and the ESCO Board on the technical and conceptual development of ESCO and on the implementation of ESCO in concrete use-cases. Whereas the ESCO Board provides the European Commission with strategic advice on the project, the ESCO Maintenance Committee provides technical and methodological advice.
ESCO are looking for two new members for the Maintenance Committee with expert knowledge of qualifications, learning outcomes, skills and classifications in education and training .
The profile off all members of the Maintenance Committee is following:
- Experience with the development, management and dissemination of taxonomies, metadata, controlled vocabularies or classification systems;
- Good knowledge of the terminology used in the labour market, education or training, in particular related to occupations, competences, qualifications and learning outcomes;
- Good knowledge of European/international standards, frameworks or classifications used in the labour market, education or training, such as ISCO, NACE, EQF, e-Competence Framework, ISCED, etc.;
- Good knowledge of national classification systems, such as ROME, Berufenet, NOS, etc.;
- Very good English language skills.
Download draft mandate.
The ESCO Maintenance Committee meets around four times a year and for each meeting (typically in March, June, September and December), travel and accommodation costs are reimbursed in line with the Commission rules. The meetings do require preparation. The working language of the ESCO Maintenance Committee is English. The next ESCO Maintenance Committee meeting for this term will take place in Brussels on the 18-19 September of 2014.
If you are interested in this position or if you know suitable candidates we kindly request to express interest to the ESCO Secretariat via e-mail to EMPL-ESCO-Secretariat@ec.europa.eu by 15th of August, together with a motivation and a cv showing the expertise required.
Positions in the Maintenance Committee is based on personal expertise and NOT representation of either a country or a European network or group